- 2500 a.C. - 1507
2500 a.C. - 1507
- Pre-classic (2500 b.C.-200 a.C.) First settlement to leave skeletal remains and ceramic remnants.
- Classic (200-900 a.C.) 450-500 a.C. Presence of Teotihuacan burial sites.
- Post-classic (900-1520 a.C.) 900-1050 a.C. Ceramic evidence of Toltec habitation.
- 1280 a.C. The Mexicas arrive in Chapultepec, while under the jurisdiction of the tepanecas of Azcapotzalco and choose Huitzilíhuitl as their governor
- 1299. The Mexicas are forced out of Chapultepec.
- 1428. Nezahualcóyotl, king of Texcoco, builds a mansion on the foot of Chapultepec Hill.
- 1465. Moctezuma Ilhuicamina orders the construction of the aqueduct that runs from Chapultepec to La Tlaxpana.
- 1507. Moctezuma Xocoyotzin orders a portrait of himself and of his brother Tlacaélel, to be carved on a rock on the eastern part of Chapultepec Hill.
- 1521. Chapultepec, along with the rest of the Mexican valley, is conquered by Hernán Cortés.
- 1530. Carlos V, through the issue of a royal decree, resolves that El Bosque de Chapultepec belongs to México City.
- 1620-1790. The Chapultepec aqueduct is built.
- 1784. Viceroy Matías de Gálvez orders the construction of the Alcázar of Chapultepec, project that will be finished by his son.
- 1842. The Colegio Militar settles in the Castle.
- 1847. The Heroic Cadets (Niños Héroes) defend the castle from American invaders.
- 1858. Rancho de la Hormiga is built.
- 1864.The layout and design of the old forest are executed. Maximilian takes the Alcázar as his official residence, as would Porfirio Díaz later on.
- 1906.The presidential summer country house is built; nowadays the Casa del Lago.
- 1924.The Monumento a la Patria (Fatherland monument) is built, a work by Ignacio Asúnsolo.
- 1934. Lázaro Cárdenas designates Los Pinos as the official presidential residence.
- 1944. The National Museum of History is inaugurated in Chapultepec Castle.
- 1956. The Nezahualcóyotl monumental fountain is constructed.
- 1962. The Second Section of El Bosque, designed by architect Leónides Guadarrama, opens.
- 1964. Inauguration of the Anthropology National Museum and the Modern Art Museum.
- 1972. The Audiorama is set up.
- 1974.The Third Section of El Bosque is opened.
- 1991. The Casa de la Bola Museum is established, housing Antonio Haghenbeck´s collection.